Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of children and inspiring young minds?
This program is for you!
The Teachers of the Future is a School Based Apprenticeship Training (SBAT) program designed for students in year 11 VCE who are considering a career in primary school teaching.
This program provides an alternative entry pathway with Australian Catholic University (ACU) Bachelor of Education (Primary)*. Terms and conditions apply.
What is an alternative pathway to ACU?
What do I get?
- Nationally Accredited qualification: CHC40213 – Certificate IV in Education Support
- A 1, 2, 3, 4 sequence and 10% of your primary 4 VCE subjects added to your ATAR score
- One year of employment (paid work placement)
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- Working with Children Check & National Police Check
- Guest Speakers from the industry
How do I apply?
Contact our SBAT team on 5246 9600
for further information.
CHC40213 Certificate IV in Education Support
Do you desire to make a difference to children’s lives? This qualification will start you on your way to supporting and assisting students in a range of educational settings. This course will open opportunities for further studies in education and career development.
Those who successfully complete this qualification may work in roles such as Support Workers (working with
children with disabilities), Teachers’ Aide, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Education Workers or Indigenous Language and Culture Teaching Assistants. You may also choose to continue children’s studies in Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC50113).
Terms & Conditions
i) To be considered for a place in the Bachelor of Education (Primary) program, a student must successfully:
- achieve a pass in all 17 units of the CHC40213 Certificate IV in Education Support course with Diversitat Training as well as successfully complete 100 hours of practical placement;
- fulfill the relevant entry requirements for the Bachelor of Education (Primary). The entry requirements for the course can be found on the ACU website or in the relevant TAC guide. Domestic students should be advised to apply directly to ACU via www.acu.edu.au/articulation to ensure this pathway into the Bachelor of Education (Primary) is easily facilitated.
ii) Course deferment into the Bachelor of Education (Primary) will not be accommodated under this pathway arrangement.
iii) Students are able to undertake this course on the Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield campuses.
iv) Entry will be only be considered if all conditions are met.
ACU reserves the right to specify the course components required for course completion in regard to both course content and graduate attributes.