The Basic Sewing Course is an extension from the Introduction to Sewing Course . This higher level program will help learners achieve more independent skills and introduce the use of over lockers to aid a more professional finishing of garments. The course is designed to support Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) learners and others in the community who are interested in pursuing further training and employment in this area within a unique and supportive learning space.
Classes are conducted in a safe and supported learning environment. Learning is informal and activity based.
• Workplace health and safety
• safe handling and use of equipment
• basic sewing machine maintainence
• development of sewing skills, using a variety of stitches
• design sewing projects, using patterns, seam sewing, neatening
• successfully produce a variety of items with functional or decorative use
• ensure high quality of finished projects that are neat, durable, aesthetic and functional.
• Produce items for sale through the Stitch social enterprise
|Location||Days Per Week||Start Date||Duration|
|Enquire now for information|
(03) 5260 6000
Completing a qualification does not guarantee a job outcome, any possible job titles above have been included as a guide only. Completing a qualification does not guarantee a license by an industry regulator within the course jurisdiction. There are no guaranteed employment or qualification outcomes in the VET sector.