The Disability Training programs offered by Diversitat are designed to help people who have an intellectual disability. They cover both basic literacy and numeracy skills and they allow students to gain the skills and confidence needed to transition either to the workplace or to further vocational training or education. Read more…
The courses are either delivered at your site or at one of our training facilities.
The 22302VIC Certificate I in Work Education is an accredited course and has been designed to help people with a permanent cognitive impairment to prepare for some form of further education or training, or join the workplace.
- It will help students to develop a range of skills so that they can explore appropriate work options, and has many benefits for the participants.
- Work Education helps to support learners by giving them opportunities to develop their confidence, together with skills and strategies that will enable them to cope with further training or employment.
- This course is available for any learner who has skills at Australian Core Skills Framework Level 1, and who are physically able to participate in all aspects of the course. The course is delivered at your site and all resources and equipment are provided.
Initial Adult Literacy and numeracy
One of our most popular courses is Initial Adult Literacy and Numeracy.
- Specifically designed to help learners with an intellectual disability to develop and improve their writing, maths and reading skills, our 22293VIC certificate in initial adult literacy and numeracy is delivered in a stimulating classroom environment, which will encourage participants to learn.
- Our 22294VIC course in initial adult literacy and numeracy is held by supportive trainers who have considerable experience in delivering initial adult numeracy and literacy classes, and takes place two mornings per week in the Belmont Community Centre.
Certificate in Transition Education
The 22301VIC Certificate in Transition Education has been specially designed to prepare people with an intellectual disability for employment or further training and education.
- Through attendance on this transition education course, learners will be given the opportunity to develop skills that will enable them to explore potential work options or access further vocational training and education.
- The course is delivered by qualified tutors at your own site and aims to help learners to develop their confidence during the transition to the workplace or further education.
If you’d like to find out more about any of our courses please contact us on 5246 9600. As one of the largest and most respected Registered Training Organisations in Geelong, we’re perfectly placed to deliver top quality disability training to help learners with an intellectual disability to access further training and employment. We are also offering courses, diplomas and certificates in Companion Animals Studies, Certificates in Community Services or Aged Care Services Diplomas.
Whether you’d like to know more about literacy and numeracy, transition education or work education one of our staff members will be more than happy to discuss your needs with you.