AMEP Complaints & Appeals


A grievance is a complaint about dissatisfaction/unfair treatment.

What do you do if you think you have been treated unfairly?



  1. Talk to your teacher, counsellor, volunteer tutor or the volunteer tutor coordinator. They may be able to help you solve the problem immediately.


  1. If you are not satisfied, talk to the Manager at your site by asking to see him/her at reception OR if you are doing DL, talk to the DL Manager on 1300 AMEP DL.


  1. Complaints that are escalated to a manager must be acknowledged in writing.


  1. If you are still not satisfied, tell the Manager that you want to talk to the AMEP Manager at Phone: 9938 4621.


  1. If you are not happy with the way the complaint has been handled you may contact the Department via Skilling Australia at:

Adult Migrant English Program
Department of Education
GPO Box 1407
Canberra ACT 2601


  1. If still dissatisfied, the you may contact the Commonwealth Ombudsman:
NOTE: This agency will not usually investigate a complaint unless raised with the department first.
If it is anticipated that the complaint will take more than 60 days to resolve, the client must be advised of the anticipated timeframe, the reason for the delay and be kept up-to-date with the progress of their complaint.
The Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education

AMEP Complaints and Appeals Process 2016 (download)